|Hours:||Full-Time; will require some weekends and evenings|
1) Ensure that collection of recycling is timely and efficient.
2) Identify and implement waste recycling reduction projects including, but not limited to: the end of year capture of used books, clothing, and housewares; move-in; Earth Day events, etc. (Will require some weekend or evening work hours.)
3) Communicate recycling information to the college community and promote efforts where appropriate. This includes physical plant staff trainings, RA/RD trainings, admissions staff and tour guide trainings, as well as written and electronic communications. Coordinate recycling contests. Use social media to communicate. Serve as a liason to the Endicott Environmental Society (requires some evening meetings).
4) Identify research, implement, track and promote campus sustainability efforts in coordination with the Director of Sustainability. Current examples include: on-campus Community Supported Agriculture program, STARS tracking system, Earth Day events, water conservation, grounds, etc.
5) Perform other duties to meet the needs of the College and department and maintain a positive working relationship with all departments.
6) Assist Physical Plant with shoveling and emergency situations.
7) Stay current on relevant regulations including RCRA and the Massachusetts solid waste bans. Keep abreast of new requirements.
8) Assist in the college greenhouse.
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.