Jo Ann Gammel, Director of Doctoral Program
School of Van Loan School
Office Location: Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Office Number: Van Loan 312B
Office Hours: By Appointment
EDL 715 Research Methods I: Qualitative
• Ed.D. in Adult Learning & Leadership, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
• M.I.A. in International Administration and Development, School for International Training, Brattleboro, VT
• B.A. in Speech Therapy, Phillips University, Enid, OK
• Certificate, HERS – New England, Management Institute for Women in Higher Education Administration
• Certificate, Mentor Coach, Foundations in Coaching
• Higher Education Administration
• Program Design, Management and Evaluation
• Adult Learning and Development Theory and Research
• Intercultural Communication, Conflict Resolution and Cross Cultural Training
• Research Methods, Proposal Writing, and Qualitative Methods
• Coaching, Advising and Mentorship
Song, Y.I.K., & Gammel, J.A. (2011). Ecological mural as community reconnection. International Journal of Art & Design Education, 30(2), 266-278).
Watson, R.E. & Gammel, J.A. (2011, May). Exploring graduate students’ identity work: The unspoken curriculum. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 1(5). http://www.ijhssnet.com/journals/Vol._1_No._5;_May_2011/3.pdf
Karp, J., Hoyer-Winfield, S., Osche, E., Gammel, J., and Schilder, D. (2008). Boston Science Partnership: Year 4 evaluation report. Cambridge, MA: Program Evaluation and Research Group (PERG) at Lesley University.
Gammel, J. (2006). Women doctoral students: Examining changes in voice and meaning-making in a learning community of practice. Unpublished dissertation. New York, NY: Teachers College, Columbia University.
Workshops & Presentations
Reflective Practice and Mindfulness, Higher Education Alliance (AHEA) and the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) Joint Conference, Indianapolis, IN, November 1-4, 2011. Presentation with co-presenter Nancy Wolf. (Proposal accepted)
Teaching Reflective Practice and Mindfulness to Spark Transformative Learning in Adults. Council on Adult & Experiential Learning (CAEL) 2011 International Conference, Chicago, IL, November 9-11, 2011. Workshop with co-presenter Nancy Wolf. (Proposal accepted.)
Graduates Students’ Knowledge Modus Operandi. Third Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, VA, February 3-5, 2011. Research Session presentation with co-researcher, Elizabeth Watson. Awarded travel grant from School of Education.
Narrative and Adult Learners. Narrative Matters—2006 An Interdisciplinary Conference on Narrative Research, Perspectives, Approaches, and Issues Across the Humanities and Social Sciences: The Storied Nature of Human Experience: Fact and Fiction, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada, May 24-27, 2006. Proposal accepted for presentation.
From Metal to Gold: The Alchemy of Adult Teaching and Learning, The Adult Higher Education Alliance, 25th National Conference, Boston, MA, October 5-8, 2005.
Jo Ann CV JAG.CV.2011.11 for Endicott profiles.doc (Word, 75264 KB)