Terri Beckett, Professor
School of Arts & Sciences
Phone: (978) 232-2183
Office Location: Samuel C. Wax Academic Center
Office Number: 230
Office Hours: 1 - 3 M / W /F
MTH 126 - Applied Statistics
MTH 115 - Perspectives of Geometry
MTH 326 - Advanced Statistics
ED 301 - Math Methods
· Ed.D. - Math Education University of Massachisetts - 1999
Dissertation Title: Development of Conceptual Understanding of Statistics for Concrete Thinkers in a Constructivist Learning Environment
· M.S. in Mathematics; Salem State College in Salem, MA. 1986
· B.S. in Systems Analysis; Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. 1971
PALMS professor for the Northeast region
· attend workshops for the purpose of experimenting with new methodolgy for using inquiry based instruction in mathematics
· attend a week long workshop of inquiry based, constructivist methodology for math and science teachers
2001 grant from Massachusetts Department of Education Summer Content Institute
· Develop, teach, and create assessment tools for 20 middle school teachers in a graduate level, 45 hour workshop entitled “Middle School Mathematics: Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability”.
2002 grant from Massachusetts Department of Education
· Develop technology based workshops and act as a mentor to 12 middle school mathematics teachers in the Danvers Middle School
2002 grant from Massachusetts Department of Education Summer Content Institute
· Develop, teach and create assessment tools for 25 middle school teachers in a graduate level, 60 content hour workshop entitled “ Technology and Tools for Teaching Algebra”
NCTM (National Conference of Teachers of Mathematics) convention Annaheim, CA , April 6-9,2005.
· Present a workshop entitled “Picture It! AVisual Approach to Problem Solving”
NCTM (National Conference of Teachers of Mathematics) convention in San Antonio,April 9, 2003.
· Present a workshop on inquiry based instruction for middle school teachers.
NCTM (National Conference of Teachers of Mathematics) convention in Chicago, April 17, 2000.
· Presented a workshop entitled “Bringing Life to Statistics”f or middle school teachers
ICTCM (International Conference for Technology and Computers in Mathematics) Atlanta, Nov. 2000.
· Poster presentation entitled “Jump: Using the CBL to teach Introductory Statistics”
Beckett,T (2004). Probability & statistics: Beyond the formula. Boston, MA, Pearson Custom
President, ECFA (Endicott College Faculty Association) 2005 - 2007
Chair, Curriculum Committee 2001 - 2003
Back to Profile List