Military and Veterans
“We value our soldiers and know that you have gained valuable skills and experience in the military. We owe you our gratitude and support. Our military friendly programs are convenient, affordable, rigorous, and transformative. Endicott is proud to be a Service Members Opportunity College (SOC) and proud that we can help military students achieve their educational goals.” Dr. Wylie, President. Endicott College.
Why is Endicott College the best choice for veterans, active military and their families?
Endicott College was recently recognized by U.S. News as one of the top 50 online programs for Veterans. We are deeply committed to providing quality online and in-person education, a sense of community, and the practical experiences and support that will help you excel as a student and in your career. At the Van School, you will find:
Balance- family, work, and education:
• Accelerated course options (in six-, eight- and 10-week formats) provide the flexibility you need to balance multiple commitments
• Full-time students can complete their bachelor’s degree in as little as two years.
• Robust, interactive and engaging online programs allow you to study at Endicott College no matter where life takes you.
• On-site classes are available at multiple locations: Beverly, Boston, Gloucester, and the Military Entrance Processing Station in Boston
• Active Coast Guard undergraduate students have additional options to take classes at the Boston Coast Guard Station, Southwest Harbor, ME, Portland, ME
and Portsmouth, NH.
• Undergraduate students can transfer up to 32 transfer credits towards their associate’s degrees; up to 85 transfer credits are accepted towards a bachelor’s degree, including CLEP, DANTES, prior college course and direct transfer of Joint Service Transcripts.
• There is no penalty for withdrawing due to orders or activation. Military students called to active service return to class without penalty.
Excellent financial support:
The extension of education benefits available to military personnel who have performed active duty service after September 10, 2001, makes this an excellent time to pursue your degree.
Highlights of Endicott’s military financial benefits include:
• All G.I. Bill programs are accepted towards tuition costs. The application form for this is available online
• Veterans may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program, which may cover tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. To learn more, visit the Yellow Ribbon page.
• Active military students receive a discounted tuition rate.
• Application fees are waived for active military and veteran students.
• Tuition Assistance for Military Students is accepted. For more information, visit the Tuition Assistance page.
• Housing allowance is provided in the full-time accelerated programs.
Support services that help you transition from soldier to student:
• Endicott is a participant in the Veterans Initiative Towards Academic Leadership (VITAL) program, which helps veterans transition from active service to college student through counseling, peer mentors & tutors, and easy access to the Veteran’s Administration medical system. Visit the VITAL program page for more info.
• Academic Advisers are specially-trained to understand Tuition Assistance, GI Bill and other issues as they impact military members and veterans.
A sense of community:
• Personal academic advising tailored to your unique needs.
• The Career Center provides support to services, resources and opportunities for students and alumni to explore, plan and achieve their career goals.
• The Writing Center provides free professional and peer tutors to empower students to take full authority over their own writing.
• Disability Services assists students with learning disabilities find strategies and techniques that help them to achieve their academic goals.
• Post Sports Science and Fitness Center supports a healthy lifestyle with our full service fitness center.
• Walter J. Manninen Center for the Arts offers a year of art, dance, film and theater for no charge as an Endicott student.
Certificate for State Tuition and Fee Waiver for State Schools: http://mro.chs.state.ma.us/tuition/Login.aspx
VA website: http://www.gibill.va.gov
Post 9/11 Transferability Website: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/TEB/ Veterans Affairs (VA), GI Bill 1.888.442.4551 ARNG Education: http://www.nationalguard.com/education
GKO: Post 9/11: https://gkoportal.ngb.army.mil/
DoD transferability website NEW: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/
click on "Education", then "Transfer of Education Benefits"
VA application: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/