Military and Veterans
“We value our soldiers and know that you have gained valuable skills and experience in the military. We owe you our gratitude and support. Our military friendly programs are convenient, affordable, rigorous, and transformative. ”
-Dr. Richard E. Wylie, President, Endicott College
About The Van Loan School
The Van Loan School at Endicott College offers degree and certificate programs geared towards the needs of the adult learner. Veterans and active military are in classes where all students have real-world experience and skills. Our mission is to build on the existing knowledge of students to provide an education that enhances personal skills and furthers career goals. We understand the challenges facing our military and veteran students and provide a community in which every student is supported through academic advising, support, peer tutoring and counseling.
Why the Van Loan School is an excellent choice for military and veteran students…
- Academic Advisers are specially-trained to understand Tuition Assistance, GI Bill and other issues as they impact military members and veterans.
- Our leave policy for military students allows service members to put their program on hold while they are on active duty. Military students called to active service return to class without penalty.
- If students withdraw due to new orders or a change in orders they can withdraw without tuition obligation.
Our community offers more than classes…
- The Career Center provides support to services, resources and opportunities for students and alumni to explore, plan and achieve their career goals.
- The Writing Center provides free professional and peer tutors to empower students to take full authority over their own writing.
- The Counseling Center provides confidential counseling to all currently enrolled Endicott students at no charge.
- Disability Services assists students with learning disabilities find strategies and techniques that help them to achieve their academic goals.
- Post Sports Science and Fitness Center supports a healthy lifestyle with our full service fitness center.
- Walter J. Manninen Center for the Arts offers a year of art, dance, film and theater for no charge as an Endicott student.
We support each Veteran and Active Military Member Financially…
- Tuition discounts for accelerated undergraduate military students and veterans.
- Military students called to active service return without penalty.
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Once accepted into the program, a Financial Aid assistant will answer all of your questions about funding your education.
How to Use Military Benefits at Endicott College
1) Apply for Admission to Endicott (there are three ways to apply):
- Print the application and mail it to the Office of Admission, Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies, 295 Hale St. Beverly, MA 01915
- Bring your application in person to the Van Loan School (above address).
2) Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Apply using the Veterans Online Application.
- The VA will provide you with a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). This certificate must be sent to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at to 978-232-2255.
3) Request Transcripts
Request a military transcript from your branch of service:
- Army, Navy, Marines
- Coast Guard
- Air Force
- Request any transcripts from any college or university you have attended.
- Have all transcripts sent to Admissions, Van Loan School. 295Hale Street. Beverly, MA 01915
4) Receive an Academic Advising Plan.
- Make an appointment with your academic adviser who will create and review an academic plan for you based on your educational interests.
- If you are unclear who your Academic Adviser is please contact Ian Menchini, Director of Enrollment and Advising at email@example.com
5) Register for Classes.
- Choose classes from the current class schedule by clicking here.
- Send your registration form to the Assistant Registrar for the Van Loan School at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 978-232-3000.
- Indicate on your registration that you are paying by Tuition Assistance, GI Bill, or a Post 9-11 GI Bill.
What If My Schedule Changes?
It may happen than your schedule changes due to adding a course, dropping a course, withdrawing from a course or a canceled course. If there are any changes to your schedule you must contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: It is the student’s responsibility to contact their VA Representative. You are responsible for all debts resulting from reductions or terminations of your enrollment. You may notify the VA in two ways:
1) The Internet, www.GIBILL.va.gov
2) Telephone, 1-888-442-4551
Veterans Service Representative:
Endicott College accepts military transcripts for transfer credit. Transfer credits will be determined based on the requirements of your degree. Endicott College accepts up to 85 transfer credits toward a Bachelor Degree and 32 credits toward an Associate Degree.
- To request your official Military transcript, please visit the Joint Services Transcript website.
- Once you have requested your transcript an automated email will be sent to Endicott College informing the school that an official transcript is ready to be downloaded.
- Your military transcript will be reviewed by an Academic Advisor within two weeks of receipt.