Master of Business Administration
The MBA program is designed for individuals who wish to advance their careers or for those students who want to begin a career in business. The program employs a collaborative, applied concepts approach to learning regardless of the program delivery. Each course has a strong ethics component, real-time skills, and projects relevant to students’ professions. Faculty who have extensive experience in business and management infuse the classroom with a dynamic, hands-on approach to real-world problem solving. The global environment, the technological environment, and the ethical dimensions of managerial decisions pervade the MBA program.
The MBA program seeks to:
- Provide knowledge for managing effectively in a dynamic, global environment;
- Develop problem-solving and communication skills;
- Enhance leadership skills and inspire commitment to ethically sound business practices; and
- Foster cross-cultural understanding and demonstrate its relevance in today’s business environment.
The Van Loan School offers the MBA degree in three different options:
- The MBA for the Experienced Professional
This option is a part-time program for working professionals. The program is comprised of 42 credits, with the option of classroom, online, or a combination of both. Classroom courses usually meet in the evening, 6:00 – 10:00 pm,
one night a week. Online courses are delivered in an asynchronous format.
- The MBA for the Early Career Professional
This option is a part-time program for those who have recently entered the work force. It consists of 45 credits.
- 100% Online MBA (scheduled for administrators)
- The Full Time MBA
This option is an eight-month, daytime, full-time course of study designed for those who have just completed a Bachelor degree. This is a 36-credit program that may have certain prerequisites for some students. Only the Full-Time MBA track utilizes the cohort learning model where a group of students enter the program together, progress through as a cohesive group, and complete the program at the same time. Peer exchange and practical application are central themes of this model. Faculty who have extensive experience in business and management infuse the classroom with a dynamic, hands-on approach to real world problem solving. The global environment, the technological environment, and the ethical dimensions of managerial decisions pervade the MBA program. We are eager to speak with you.
- Demonstrate the analytical and problem solving skills needed to solve complex challenges in business.
- Understand and be able to use team building, collaborative behaviors and project management in the accomplishment of group tasks.
- Effectively communicate in writing and through oral communication within the conventions of business
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within business.
- Design, execute, and present a personal project, which synthesizes and applies selected knowledge, skills and experiences appropriate to the students’ personal and professional goals and/or their chosen area of specialization.