Learning Outcomes for Studio Art
1. Engage constructively in critical inquiry and analysis skills, and intellectual discourse within the art fields.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of and competency with computer technology as it is used in the artistic processes.
3. Demonstrate a strong handling of perceptual skills in drawing.
4. Experience the relationship of academic studio practices to professional applications.
5. Discuss and write about the historical context for the visual arts.
6. Demonstrate college-level writing proficiencies within the conventions of the discipline.
7. Exhibit the ability to conceptualize, develop and complete works of art.
8. Exhibit advanced skills in one or more studio art disciplines.
9. Color: Apply sophisticated use of color theory
10. Design: Applies the elements and principles of design.
11. Engage verbally in intellectual discourse within the discipline.
12. Risk-taking: Demonstrate willingness to go beyond original parameters of assignment, introducing new materials and forms, including tackling controversial topics.
13. Imagination: Discuss and present an awareness of personal creative process.
14. Synthesis: Deconstruct concepts applying and carrying them out into a sophisticated and unique visual solution.