Links and Contacts

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What does it cost to study abroad?
A. The Office of International Education will work out a detailed budget with you once you are accepted into a program.  You will be billed by Endicott College for your tuition and, depending on the program, additional fees such as room, board, and overseas health insurance.  Endicott will, in turn, pay the institution or organization that provides your experience. 

When an Endicott student applies to study abroad, the student will pay the current Endicott College tuition. A student who selects a study abroad program with tuition in excess of Endicott's will pay the Endicott tuition plus an additional amount equal to the difference between the Endicott tuition and the host institution's tuition.

You will be charged an International Housing and Board Fee. Airfare is an additional cost, and Endicott students are usually eligible for discounted student rates.  Please note that some study abroad programs on our website quote their costs as a comprehensive fee.  Because Endicott's tuition may be higher than the programs' tuition and because any applicable financial aid will be deducted from your term bill, what you actually pay is likely different than this quoted fee. 

Q. What about Financial Aid?
A. In an effort to put our study abroad programs within the reach of every student, Endicott allows Endicott all merit and need-based financial aid to be used for study abroad programs subject to certain limitations.  Please see the
Semester Abroad Payment Policy for more information about how financial aid applies to study abroad programs. 

Q. What about insurance and health care while abroad?
A. Endicott College provides excellent health insurance and emergency evacuation and repatriation coverage through HTH International Health Insurance.  For more information, please see
Health and Safety Abroad Information.

Q. What happens to the grades I earn when I study abroad?
A. The courses you take and the grades you earn abroad will appear on your Endicott transcript with a notation indicating where you studied.  If applicable, the grades will be converted to U.S. letter grades and the credit points will be converted to U.S. semester hour equivalents before they are posted to your transcript.  Grades earned while studying abroad are factored into your Endicott grade point average.

Q. During which semester should I study abroad?
A. Most students study abroad during a semester of their sophomore or junior year.  The best time for you to go away may depend on your major and any pre-requisite requirements.  Your academic advisor can help you decide when the most appropriate time(s) would be for you to go.

Q. When should I start to plan for a study abroad experience?
A. It's never too early to talk to your advisor about your plans to study abroad.  The earlier you start to plan for it, the more likely you are to have a smooth, successful experience.

Q. Should I go on a short-term (January) program or a semester program?
A. This is a personal choice that may be dictated by your academic major requirements, but is more often based on your own comfort level.  Semester-long programs are very appropriate for people looking for an independent challenge.  Short-term programs provide a more supervised, structured experience that many people find comfortable for their first time abroad.  Many students choose a short-term program during their sophomore year and then complete a semester abroad program during their junior year.  Your academic advisor and the Office of Undergraduate International Programs can help you decide which is right for you.

Q. Can I do my semester-long internship in another country?  
A. It is often possible to complete your semester-long internship overseas.  Requirements vary from department to department and prior approval is required. You should talk to your advisor as soon as possible if you think you might be interested in this option.
Deadlines for interning abroad are the same as study abroad deadlines.

Print Friendly and PDF