Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) is VA's approach to reaching out to student veterans to help facilitate the transition from Soldier to Student. A joint venture between Endicott College and the Bedford VA Medical Center (Department of Veterans Affairs), the program helps military and veteran students maximize their unique strengths, skills and life experiences as they pursue academic success.
What to expect: Absolute Confidentiality, Prompt response to phone or email inquiries about the VITAL program, Veteran-centered approach—keeping the Veteran’s well-being and best interests in mind.
The VITAL program provides a Veteran peer/VA representative that is available to all veteran and active duty military students. Veteran peer/VA representative knows exactly what it is like to transition from active military service to civilian life. As someone with military, Combat deployment experience, and reintegration back home, and in an Education setting they can walk you through processing Enrollment into the VA healthcare system, GI Benefits, Voc Rehab Benefits, developing a variety of skills and readjustment tactics, or just be a listening ear for the many challenges of returning to civilian life.
We’re here to help you navigate your needs and concerns and maximize your unique set of strengths, skills, and life experiences as you develop and translate your interests and talents into an academic setting.
Contact VITAL’s Veteran peer/VA representative now for:
- Veteran peer/VA representative is your POC for any issues that are veteran related.
- You have access on campus to VA services and benefits.
- Enrollment into Bedford VAMC
- Support in developing time management, organization, and study skills
- Connection to peer mentors
- Coordination with college for academic accommodations
- Support with college processes regarding academic actions and/or conduct issues
- Connection to VA resources including VBA (Veteran Benefits Administration) & Vocational Rehabilitation
- Counseling and ongoing treatment for adjustment, stress, anger, depression, anxiety, sleep problems, and PTSD done by VITAL’s clinical team.
Program Supervisor: Alisa Bennett, LICSW, 781-983-2400, Alisa.Bennett@va.gov
Veteran Peer & VA Representative: Jeff Da Silva, 781-860-3388, Jeff.DaSilva@va.gov