Troubleshooting Links and Downloads
Help Desk Troubleshooting Links and Downloads
- To download a Word/Excel document you need to have Microsoft Word/Excel 95 at a minimum. In general, it is easiest to download Microsoft Word/Excel documents if you are using a PC platform.
- When you click on the link you will be prompted by a Security Hazard Dialogue Box. Check "open it" to open file immediately or check "save it to disk" to save file to a floppy disk.
- To save the Word/Excel document, click on “File/Save As” on your browser’s menu bar. When prompted for the file name, delete the server prefix (everything up to and including “filename=”) to save with the filename only. Select a location on your machine, and press “Save.”
PDF Format Files
- Adobe Acrobat PDF files can be viewed and printed on all major platforms. In order to download these PDF files you need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. This is an easy (and free) process. Click here to download Acrobat Reader.
- To save the PDF file, click on the “Save a Copy” icon on the Acrobat toolbar. When prompted for the file name, delete server prefix (everything up to and including “filename=”) to save with the filename. Select a location on your machine, and press “Save.”