Bachelor of Science in International Business
The Bachelor of Science in International Business gives students the opportunity to examine the complex challenges that face managers when organizations and products cross national borders. The overall program is structured to develop your basic managerial competencies as well as the specialized skills, knowledge, and perspectives required to become effective decision-makers in the global marketplace. The increasing demand for employees with expertise in international business follows directly from the number of businesses, including firms of all sizes, moving into the international trade and investment arena.
As a student in International Business, you are required to pursue two years of college-level foreign language study or to demonstrate an equivalent proficiency in a language other than English. Students are strongly encouraged to spend a minimum of one semester in a country other than your home, either in a study-abroad or in an internship experience.
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 125
International Business students have recently completed internships at:
Mexican Consulate of Boston
World Affairs Council of Boston
Upon completion of the International Business major, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the analytical and problem- solving skills needed to meet complex challenges in international business.
2. Apply a range of international business 'best practices' in a professional environment.
3. Recognize the importance of behaving ethically in the professional setting.
4. Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within international business.
5. Communicate effectively in oral and written form following the conventions of international business.
For more information about our International Business program, contact:
Dr. Michael Paige
Dean, Gerrish School of Business